Business Attorney Services
Our Services and How We Serve Our Clients
We service a variety of clients from small businesses and family-owned business operations to sizable corporations. We advise on the full spectrum of commercial and corporate law:
A Sample of the Services We Provide:
Admitting and Terminating Partners – Changes in the ownership of a practice or other healthcare business can have profound effects on the professional and personal dynamics within the group. We recognize the tension inherent in such transitions and seek to minimize the stress and maximize the benefit to the partners and the business itself.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution – Often times, the speediest and most cost-effective way to resolve a dispute is outside of the courtroom. For issues that arise throughout the planning and execution of a project, we are experienced in all forms of arbitrations and mediations, as well as serving as arbitrators and mediators.
- Appellate Representation – We offer experienced assistance representing clients through the complexities of the appeals process, regardless of whether we or another firm handled the lower court proceedings.
- Bankruptcy Related Transactions and Acquisitions – We assist our clients with transactions associated with bankruptcy, including forbearance agreements and workouts, asset purchases, cash collateral stipulations, subordination agreements, leveraged leases, securitizations and other structured financings and debtor-in-possession loans.
To schedule an appointment to discuss your business needs please contact our office at (413) 534-4214 or submit your contact information by completing our form.
- Business Separation – The break up of a business partnership can be a very stressful and costly process. Whether because of deteriorated personal relationships, financial strains, an aging partner who is seeking an exit strategy, a junior partner wanting to elevate his/her position or a poorly-crafted business model, disputes may escalate to a level where the parties’ differences are (or at least initially appear to be) irreconcilable.
- Construction Litigation – We handle disputes involving bid challenges, professional malpractice, construction defects, payment disputes, lien law application and enforcement, delay damage claims, mold claims, work-site injury claims, product defects, negligence, breach of warranty, contract, fraud and consumer fraud act claims.
- Employee Benefits: Labor and Employment – We have considerable knowledge when it comes to designing, implementing and administering a complete range of employee benefit programs. We represent employers, plan fiduciaries and service providers in tax and ERISA compliance, and transactional and litigation matters. This includes audit and other agency representation. We tailor solutions by designing a full range of programs that include traditional profit sharing and 401(k) plans and cafeteria plans.
- Wage & Hour and Compensation Law – Federal and state wage and hour laws (laws governing minimum wages, overtime pay, training time, vacation pay, wage deductions, payment terms and similar matters) are so complex that they are often misunderstood or ignored by employers—to their great peril. Failure to comply with these laws can lead to serious consequences, including class-action lawsuits and huge monetary damages awards. We provide practical advice to comply with the applicable laws, and help resolve problems quickly if they arise.